Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mark Twain said it best

I will not be reposting the comment on here, but if you wish to see what spurred this piece, read the third comment left on my blog about Tim Petras.

Anonymous (perhaps because you don't wish me to really know who you are) said that we "Christians" are messed up. To begin with, by generalizing us as "you Christians" you are becoming that which you rant against. You are discriminating against me because of my lifestyle, because of a choice I have made.

Also, you ask "If Tim is not doing this because he really is a woman, than is he doing it just because he feels like it?" I stated that no 2 year old, let alone 12 year old, would believe he was a woman if left alone. The world has made it so that all children hear is that they can be different if they want to be. In other words, we want you to be different. Here is a list of all the ways you can be different. Pick one, any one! We won't stop you! I'm all for individuality, but let's not pour sin into our children's minds, because we want them to "express" themselves.

I will not "shut up". This is a blog. My blog. You have the option of not reading it. Just as I have the option of not reading your comment. Free speach is still allowed in America. Perhaps not for long, but it is allowed.

I am not ignorant, as I spent time researching my topic before writing on it. Please do not state that I am, because in doing so you are proving your own ignorance.

Now that I am done replying to the comment made by "Anonymous". I actually love reading comments like that. Surprising? Not really, when you step back and look at the picture. Comments like that mean that I am making people think. Which is the purpose behind my writing.

I like what Mark Twain said. When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to take a step back and reflect. I think that the same concept applies when everyone is suddenly agreeing with everything you say, or write. At that time, it's prudent to reflect on what you are saying. Comments like the one left by Anonymous mean that my writing is not like everyone else's. I am not just repeating what the world says, but I am thinking for myself. A good thing, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment